Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011

I woke up this morning with some kind of weird eye infection that Lurline seems to think is a clogged tear duct. It's my first day working for the Tomorrow Project Cancer Research Study, and I have to show up with some kind of health issue - brilliant!  So anyway, I got ready, and made myself a great lunch.   I showed up at around 8:15 am and met with Olga, who is the superstar I'll be replacing.  She really knows her stuff, and I was feeling a little overwhelmed with how much there is to wrap my head around.  She's very organized, so we started to methodically go through all the different aspects of the position.  It seems a lot more administrative than my previous work, but thankfully it looks like nothing will be too far removed from what I'm used to.

At about 3pm I headed up to Peter Lougheed hospital to try to get my ID badge and parking pass, but when I got there, the woman who does them wasn't in ... so I headed back downtown to scour the desirable neighbourhoods for a place to live.  There was an open house to view an apartment near 17th Ave, and when I got there, there were about 8 other people there to view it, too.  The rep said that he had had about 80 calls from people looking for a place to rent.  When I actually saw the place, it was about 500 square feet and the building was very run down.  I decided that somebody else could have it.  It wasn't right for me.

I have an appointment to view another place in Mission tomorrow.  I hope it works out better.

When I finally got "home", I realized that I hadn't taken a picture again.  So, here's a photo that represents what happens multiple times every day... dog in, cat out, cat in, dog out ... this is Willow and Soleil.  The fat one, Pumpkin doesn't get to go outside, because he's too dumb.  If you notice, Dave's been doing some work in the backyard to make it look nice.  It's really coming along.

1 comment:

Gardenfarey's Blog spot said...

The yard is looking good. Hope you are helping him. You are a gardener now you know. Show him your stuff.