Saturday, July 30th, 2011

Garage sales today.  Lurline and I left Dave at home to work on the yard, while she and I headed out to scour some garage sales for some good deals on furniture, dishes, appliances, or whatever else I could find.  I got VERY lucky with some of my deals.  I got a rocking chair and ottoman for $12, two Ikea end tables and a brand new Epson printer for $60, a fantastic floor lamp and red kettle for $11, and an array of kitchen items from some discount stores.  We even took a break in the midst of all the buying to have a Vietnamese lunch at Bagolac - one of my favorite restaurants in Calgary.  When we got home, Dave had made some great progress on the yard.  I perused through the Kijiji listings for some other great deals and came across an ad for a solid wood table with four chairs for $100.  When I called, he said I could go to see it tonight, so Lurline, Dave and I took his SUV and off we went.  I couldn't believe how beautiful the table was ... it has a leaf, and a glass top to protect the solid wood on the top.  It was in immaculate condition and weighed a ton.  We managed to load everything except the glass top into Dave's Toureg, surprisingly.  I was ecstatic for getting such an amazing deal!  Not sure if you can see some of the items in this picture... but it's all starting to pile up now!

No comments: