Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011

Still have this eye problem and my eye won't stop watering.  It's embarrassing and I don't know what the issue is.
Anyway, day two at my new job.  Things are moving along ... I'm learning a lot and realizing the scope of how much I have to learn before Olga goes on maternity leave.  It's too early to worry about that, I guess.  The bottom line is that I'll be contributing to something very important, and that part inspires me to make it all work out.
After work, I went to see another apartment in Mission.  It was very, very small.  The bedroom would basically only fit a bed, and the kitchen was part of the main living area, and was really small.  It was clean, though, and it had a balcony.  I signed the application, thinking this might be the only place I'm gonna get.  There was a waiting list for parking, though, and my cat wasn't allowed on the balcony unattended.  That would mean keeping her inside the tiny apartment all day while I was at work.  Probably not the best idea.
I had to think about it.
I met Jeff for wing night at a pub near Mt. Royal, and Lurline showed up to meet us.  The sky was doing some weird, crazy stuff.  It was the most interesting cloud patterns I've ever seen, I think.  I wish I had taken video of it, since it may be the only time that I'll see that much happening at the same time.  The clouds were turning and forming what looked like funnel clouds in the North, then in the West, the clouds were making this other unusual pattern that looked like a hand was reaching out to grab at something.  In the South, it was sunny and clear.  Everything was moving, and because the sun was setting, it made for some incredible colours.
Anyway, Jeff went home to see if he could get a better view of the impending tornado.  We all believed that we'd see one for sure.  But it didn't happen.
By the time Lurline and I went home, I only managed to get a few shots of the sky, and most of it had dissipated.  The school yard looked a little eerie, though, so I took this shot.

No comments: