Sunday, August 7th, 2011

I took a "me" day today.  Stuck around the house in the morning and had a few pancakes with the Raposos, then got ready and headed out.  I went to get my hair cut first ... just got a trim, so nothing too special.  Then, I went to a car wash to finally get my car clean.  I washed it last week, but didn't do a very good job.  After that, I had my camera so I went for a drive heading South.  I only got as far as De Winton just outside Calgary.  I drove some back roads and took some photos of random things.  It's absolutely gorgeous in Alberta in the summer.  There are fields, hills, amazing skies, sunshine, hay bales, and old structures scattered all throughout the province - like old grain elevators, farm equipment and barns.  I just love going for these types of random journeys to see what I can find.  The picture below is just one of many that I shot that were so naturally intriguing.

When I got home, I finally heard from the property management company regarding the 2 bedroom apartment.  He wanted me to go drop off the deposit and fill out some paperwork.  So, I headed to the far Northeast corner of Calgary - Falconridge - and paid my deposit, 1/2 August rent, and September rent.  My bank account is taking a big hit!  I told him I'd move in on Saturday, so we'll do a walk through that morning to check everything over.  Yay!  I finally officially have a place to live.  Phew ... I wasn't sure I was going to find anything, and best of all I love Bankview area.  It's very close to where I was living before.  I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments: