Thursday, August 18th, 2011

I sent an email to my landlord this morning explaining the noise situation in my apartment.  I want him to know how bad it is.  He replied that he would talk to them.  I almost have to laugh... he's not going to change the situation when the issue is that they just don't know how to parent.  It's a lost cause.

I didn't go home after work today.  Lurline texted me to see if I wanted to meet for some wings after work.  ANYTHING would've been better than going home to the noise, so I was in.

I met her at Local 004 (I think that's the name).  It wasn't wing night.  Rats!  I ate some calamari and had a beer, and we sat and chatted ... well, I did most of the chatting.  It might've sounded a little more like venting.  Lurline thinks I should try to get out of my lease, if I can.  I fully agree.  My friend, J, showed up after a while, since he lives very close by.  We all grabbed a quick coffee from Timmy's and while we were inside, a storm blew over us.  We went outside to get a better look.  The clouds were swirling and suddenly there was snow/hail pelting us.  It looked like a tornado was going to form.  I took a few photos, but I don't think it does it justice.  Right after this, there was a double rainbow!  I almost cried it was so beautiful.... (that was a reference to the "double rainbow" youtube video for those of you who haven't seen it).

Afterwards, J showed me his two new guitars, and we just hung out and chatted while he played a few songs.  It was a nice evening out of the house and away from the noise.




No comments: