Friday, August 12th, 2011

I think I got a speeding ticket this morning.  I've only ever had one in my entire life and that was just after I got my new car and I was driving between Calgary and Vancouver back in 2008.  I don't know for sure if I got one, but they have these SUVs parked on the side of the road around the city and as I drove by, there was a flash behind me - looks like it took my picture.  What happened to the good ol' days when cops would actually pull you over and do the work?  I don't think it's fair that they can just take a picture and mail it to you.  I really don't even think I was speeding, but maybe that's because I wasn't paying attention (my bad).  

Anyway, I got off work a little early because I start earlier on Fridays, and when I arrive at the Raposos - my temporary home - I'm locked out of the house.  That's right, I was never given a key.  I called Dave, and he told me to call Tristan.  I guess Tristan left to get his hair cut, and was on his way home.  However, I sat on the front step for an hour - and it was HOT outside.  I also hadn't eaten all day, so I was starving, so I was a little cranky.

I met the guy from the property management company to do a walk through of my new place.  There are definitely things you should always ask before signing a lease.  You'd think I'd know that by now.  While we're going through everything, the noise in the apartment upstairs is SO loud.  I find out that it's a family of four - two small kids.  They like to run around, and when I told the dad that they were very loud, he replied with "it's an old building".  Great!  I'm going to have to buy some ear plugs.

Anyway, I got my keys and then Tristan and I went to grab an ice-cream from My Favorite Ice-Cream Shoppe, near where I used to live.  It's very close by my new place.  It's fantastic to be back in the same neighborhood, and also so close to my job.  I guess it's a small moving day tomorrow.


No comments: