Saturday, August 20th, 2011

I slept late today.  It's not like me.  I guess I've needed to catch up on sleep, plus I got home at around 2:30 am last night.  I basically chilled out at home in the morning, then had a couple of errands to run.

I went to the bank, then the post office, before trying out Phil & Sebastian's coffee shop in Marda Loop.  I brought my computer with me, but I couldn't get connected to their internet and they didn't have electrical outlets that I could see.  Therefore, I only have about 1 1/2 hours before my battery charge dies on my computer.  It was enough time to do a little photo editing, anyway.  I also enjoyed a delicious Americano.

After that, I went home and watched a movie, and I had a strong enough signal to upload my blog from the last week.  It's been hanging over my head!

Lurline called in the afternoon and wanted to do a few errands, so I went to pick her up and we drove to Ikea.  We managed to escape without buying anything!  I wonder if that's ever happened to anybody before?  Anyway, then we stopped in at Superstore, Walmart and Michael's.  She was looking for picture frames, so we priced them all out.  Turns out Walmart had the best deal, of course.

Then we drove South to the "cheap" theatre and bought tickets to see Larry Crowne with Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks.  We had about an hour to kill before the movie started, so we went to a local pub and had a drink.  The movie was light and entertaining.  You can't really go wrong with Tom Hanks.

Anyway, it was after 11pm by the time the movie ended and I still hadn't taken a photo.  I dropped Lurline off at home, then tried to think of a place I could take a picture at night.  I only had about 15 minutes before midnight, and then I would've missed my photo for Saturday ... So, I took this photo from a park on my way home - it's of the Glenmore Reservoir.  It's probably not the best, but I didn't have a lot of time.


No comments: