Friday, August 26th, 2011

I was on the road for Edmonton by 6am this morning.  With large coffee in hand, an iPod full of music and a Dodge Caravan with Tomorrow Project logos all over it, I headed North.

I arrived in Edmonton around 9:30 or so.  I went to the Edmonton office to meet the team there.  It was very productive, and now I feel better being able to put faces to names.  After a 2 hour brainstorming session, I went over to Telus Field to meet the coordinator for the game tomorrow.  He filled me in on the logistics of where to park our Tomorrow Project vans, where we'd be setting up our booths, etc. etc.

Then, I went back to the office briefly before heading to The Matrix hotel downtown to check-in.  My room was an executive suite with a king size bed and a beautiful view from the 14th floor.  Things could be worse.  The only downside was that they leave a fully stocked mini-bar in the room... and snacks!  I think this is to torment the guests until they breakdown and indulge!  I resisted, however difficult it was...  here is what I had to look at during my stay.  Can you blame me for taking a picture?

Anyway, I went in search for a local pub to get some dinner and a beer.  Thanks iPhone for helping me find a great little pub called "The Pint" just off Jasper Ave.  It was already getting pretty busy when I arrived at around 4:30 or 5pm.  I sat at the bar and wished my bestie was sitting with me to enjoy the atmosphere.  I had a steak dinner and a drink (or two).  Yum!  The weather was picture perfect and I really enjoyed it.

Then I headed back to the hotel and since I haven't had TV or a bed for a while, I got comfy in my PJs, turned on the TV, and lapped up a lot of mindless entertainment - including Jersey Shore - yep... I'm almost embarrassed to admit it.  Almost.  I caught some of the news regarding Hurricane Irene and Jack Layton's funeral.  I almost felt like I was back in touch with the world.


No comments: