Wednesday, June 29th, 2011

It's always a special day on June 29th - it's the birthday of two of my favorite people in the world - my mom and my best friend, Lisa.  My mom didn't get a very special birthday since we spent a lot of the day preparing for the party - cleaning and compiling a list of Karaoke songs.  I'm feeling a little disappointed that so many people can't make the party, but I guess life happens.  I thought that by planning six months in advance, that would give people enough notice, but sometimes things don't always work out the way you plan.  I'm VERY happy that we're still going to have an awesome time with fewer guests.  It sounds like this party will be the last one at the Ketler house, so we'll have to make it a good one for sure ... at least that seems to be the consensus, but we'll see what happens.  The only photo opportunity that presented itself was of this gigantic hero sandwich that took my dad two days to eat.  He's lucky he's got such huge hands ... anybody else wouldn't have been able to wrap their hand around it!

No comments: