Saturday, June 25th, 2011

I should've slept in, but I was sharing my bed with Talia, so I couldn't get comfortable.  I got up and saw that Lurline, Dave and mom and dad were already up, as well.  We all had breakfast and coffee, while my dad was out working on last minute touches to the garden and yard.  It was the Rotary Garden Tour today, so he was making sure everything looked great.  Unfortunately, it was raining, but it didn't stop the people from coming through the garden to take a look.  Lurline, mom, dad and I decided we wanted to go look at some of the other gardens on the tour, as well.  So, we piled in my car and off we went.  The sun made some brief appearances and the rains stopped - we got back to the house at around 3:30pm.  The garden tour was a great success ... somebody from Gardens West Magazine are going to do an article on the garden and yard!  It will be great advertising for the B&B.  Uncle Jacob and Auntie Betty were heading to the Yarrow Reunion later in the evening, so we had quite a nice afternoon visiting with everybody - grandma and Uncle Mark joined us, as well.  There was a lot of discussion around my dad's new scooter, so a line formed for everybody to give it a whirl.  That night, we pulled out the Karaoke machine and had a great time singing some tunes.  Here's some of the pics of the family giving the scooter a try:

No comments: