Friday, June 24th, 2011

We're all leaving for BC today, so I spent my morning packing up my stuff and cleaning up a bit.  Dave only worked a half day, so he and Tristan began packing up the tent trailer.  Lurline came home, and we all rushed around to make sure everything had been packed and the house set in order.  We ate the leftover kebabs for lunch, then went to pick up Talia from her job at Starbuck's, then we hit the road.  It was a long, slow trip for some reason.  We had a lot of stops, and with 5 large humans and a dog, space was limited in the Toureg.  When we hit the highway between Kamloops and Merritt, things went awry for me ... I won't go into details, but I have a very funny and embarrassing story to tell - and I've decided it can only be told in person, so as to get the full picture of the events.  We left Calgary at around 3:45pm and didn't arrive into Chilliwack until probably 2:30am.  We were all pretty tired - particulary me - because of the events that unfolded on the drive.  After filling in mom and dad on some of the drama of the drive, we all went to bed. Here's a shot of the Rockies somewhere close to Lake Louise.

No comments: