Monday, June 20th, 2011

Last day of Spring, and the weather was all over the place.  We had hot sun, thunder storms, rain, sun again, more thunder, then more sun yet again.  Calgary's weather has always been a little unpredictable.
I decided to take Soleil for a long walk today down to Fish Creek Park.  It was beautiful when I set out, and I was enjoying the walk so much that I maybe went a little too far.  Soleil's leg has a partially torn ligament, so she wasn't used to going for long walks.  Just as we were about to head back, a woman stopped me and said that there was a cougar in the direction we were headed so be careful.  She said she saw a deer, too, so maybe the cougar was after the deer.  Needless to say, I headed back in a different direction.  Then, the thunder and lightning started off in the distance.  Unfortunately, Soleil is terrified of thunder storms, and so she started shaking and tried to pull me all the way home.  Then, she started limping really badly from the strain.  I felt terrible that I had subjected the dog to such an ordeal.  Regardless, she seems okay, but she's not walking on the leg at all now - I'm a bad dog-sitter.  

The photo I took is from the top of a hill at Fish Creek Park - it's a panorama, so click it to see a bigger copy.  


1 comment:

Gardenfarey's Blog spot said...

Bad auntie. They leave you for a few hours with their precious Soleil and now she's traumatized. Good thing there is a counselor in the house. Beautiful panoramic picture by the way.