Wednesday, August 31st, 2011

What a rainy and cold day.  I actually turned on the heated seats in my car on the way to work.

Really not much to say today, as I didn't do anything exciting after work.  I got home, made some dinner, then watched a movie.  It was a dumb movie - "Brave New World" based on Aldous Huxley's book, which I read a long time ago.  It was filmed in the late 70s or early 80s based on the outfits and the terrible "futuristic" effects.  It was three hours long, too!  So I stopped it midway through the movie to refill my wine glass and get myself some cherries for a snack.... hence the picture.  That's one of the things I miss when winter comes along - less variety of fruit.  I love cherries, watermelon, plums, grapes, nectarines ... and although it's not a fruit, corn on the cob.  Oh Calgary winter, please give us another few weeks, okay??!

1 comment:

Gardenfarey's Blog spot said...

Another nice picture. Makes me hungry for cherries.