Thursday, September 1st, 2011

Brrrr.  Six degrees this morning.  Fortunately it warmed up to around 18 or 19 celsius, so the summer's not over yet!

Felt good about work today.  I'm really starting to get a handle on things, as far as I can tell.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

After work, I had a quick nap - although with the music blaring downstairs and the kid running around upstairs, it was more like a rest - no actual sleep took place.  I've been browsing through some condo listings, just to see if that's an option for me.  If I could buy something rather than rent, then maybe that's what I should try to do.  I contacted a mortgage broker, so I guess he'll be able to tell me if it's feasible or not.

Then, I went to the bank to get some money that Lurline needs to pay the movers when they arrive here on Monday with my stuff.  She and Dave are going to be at this end to watch over the unload process since I won't be back from BC until Tuesday night.  I fly out tomorrow after work, and the movers load my stuff in Vancouver on Sunday.

I met up with Lurline at the Regal Beagle - it was rib night.  Delicious!  I had the salt and pepper ribs with a side of Ranch.  And a beer.  We stayed for a couple of hours before we both headed home.  I stopped to take this picture downtown of one of the new buildings that was just being built the last time I lived here.  Looks all done now... and a monstrosity it is!

No comments: