Monday, September 5th, 2011

We picked up grandma this morning to take her to the pharmacy to get some medication for an ear infection.  Sometimes she tells me some interesting stories.  First of all, she believes that when the seagulls are back then that means it's the end of summer.  It's some sort of sign, apparently.  What I don't understand was where she thinks the seagulls went?  I've been seeing seagulls all summer long... but maybe that's just me.

Then, she told me how Absorbine Jr. might be the cure for skin cancer.  She said that she had a sore that wouldn't heal, and she used Absorbine Jr. on it, then the sore healed and disappeared.  Then my dad tried it on a sore that wouldn't heal, and he had the same result.  Somehow I don't think I'll be going back to my cancer research job next week and telling them that my grandmother thinks that Absorbine Jr. cures cancer.  I don't think it would go over very well.

After we dropped grandma back off at home, mom, dad and I went back to Vancouver.  It was a crazy plan considering it was the Monday of the long weekend and the highway is usually a nightmare.  When we got to Vancouver, we met Lisa and Scott at the Knight and Day Restaurant.  I was worried I wasn't going to be able to see my bestie while I was visiting.  Phew!  After brunch and a chat, we went back to the discount store to pick up the chairs that they wanted, since the movers took too long and the store was closed by the time we headed out the day before.  This time I noticed that they had a large selection of Dish brand clothing - one of my favorite brands!  I resisted, though.  I didn't buy anything.

Then, we went to Value Village in Burquitlam.  I only bought a couple of books.  I was proud of myself.

Back in Chilliwack, I waited for the sun to go down a little, then I went to take pictures of the corn fields.  They are something to see when they're at their tallest, and when the sun is setting, it makes the tops of the corn rows glow.

That night, we finished watching the movie from the night before.  The movers called because they were supposed to unload all my stuff in Calgary around 4pm, but when they called it was closer to 6pm and they were still 3 hours outside of Calgary.  So, we sorted it out so that they will move the stuff into the apartment in the morning instead.  I told Lurline and Dave they didn't have to wait around, and just to give the keys to the movers in the morning.  It was a little stressful, to say the least.  I hate it when a plan goes awry.

No comments: