Sunday, September 4th, 2011

Dad and I got up very early to start loading up the trailer with all my stuff from the house.  We're meeting the movers in Vancouver at the storage unit sometime between noon and 2pm.  When we got to Vancouver, the movers were still quite a long distance away, so we decided to go to Ikea in Coquitlam to kill some time.

On the way there, we drove by a big discount store on the corner of Lougheed and Willingdon.  Of course, we made a quick turn - there'd be no passing it by!  It was filled with an array of goods - household stuff, furniture, food, bedding, clothing ... I think we all ended up buying something.  I bought a beautiful feather mattress topper for $50.  Dad and mom wanted some chairs that matched the table in one of the B&B suites, so we decided we'd come back later to pick them up.

None of us bought anything from Ikea - except hotdogs and a drink.

When we got back to the storage unit, the movers showed up shortly afterwards.  They got started at around 2:30 and weren't done until around 6:30pm.  He was meticulous about how to load and pack the stuff, and I think it was frustrating my dad a little.  I'm sure he would've just thrown everything in there without concern for potential damage.  For a while, I wasn't sure the stuff was even going to fit inside the 16 foot truck.  It barely did!

Once that was done, all four of us headed home.  It was exhausting and hot.  We dropped off the UHaul trailer on the way, picked up some corn for dinner, then once again made ourselves comfortable at home.  Monica left to go back home to Langley.  She was exhausted - as you can see from the photo.   The rest of us ate pasta and corn on the cob - an interesting combination, but so scrumptious!

We started watching "The Falcon and the Snowman", an old movie starring Sean Penn and Timothy Hutton, but mom went to bed early and I was nodding off and missing parts of the storyline.  So, we didn't finish it.  We all went to bed early again.

2 comments:

Gardenfarey's Blog spot said...

That was mean. Poor little Mosey. Mean!!

Gardenfarey's Blog spot said...

This is Monica.... I can't believe you got a picture of me when I was sleeping!! How rude!!! ...you just wait I'll get an even better one of you on our cruise!!!