Wednesday, July 6th, 2011

Another scorcher today ... and you'll hear no complaints from me.  Got some resumes out today - unfortunately, very few were in the Lower Mainland, so we'll see what happens.  Mom and I took an impromptu trip to Value Village, and while there, I realized that I had a 30% off coupon for our entire purchase, so we piled a few more things in the cart.  I love saving money!
Dad had a bad scooter day today.  His bike tipped over this morning, and he broke his fender, scratched the body and one of the side mirrors broke off.  Then, after work, he had a flat tire - a nail punctured it, I guess.  So I took his van to go pick him and his scooter up from work.  He's gone golfing now, so hopefully that will make him feel a little better about his scooter!
I spent quite a while out in the garden, and I've been hearing some cooing somewhere close by.  Mom and Dad both said they've been hearing it, too.  Anyway, while I had my camera, I saw two white doves fly over my head and land on the neighbor's rooftop.  Mystery solved - it was the doves making the cooing sound.  I managed to get a couple shots of them flying away.  I did some photo manipulation to make them more interesting:

No comments: