Tuesday, July 12th, 2011

Took my mom downtown to the dentist today, then I went to grab a Peppermint Latte from Starbuck's, browsed at some magazines in Save-On-Foods, then took some books out of the library.  I love free reading!  I also got a call today for a job interview, but it's in Calgary, so I'm leaving on Friday afternoon.  Mom is coming with me, since I plan to drive.  At least Stampede is on right now, so I won't have to miss it this year.... I haven't missed it for about 7 years.  Lots of Calgarians hate the Stampede and look for ways to get out of the city, but I've always loved it.

Anyway, later in the evening, mom and I took a quick drive to the river to see how high the water is.  The Fraser is apparently at flood levels in some areas and will peak tomorrow.  The Vedder was high, but it didn't look like there was any real threat of flooding.  As we walked along the river path, the mosquitoes started to swarm us yet again.  I did manage to get this shot before I got eaten alive.

No comments: