Tuesday, September 6th, 2011

Got a call bright and early from the movers.  They arrived at the apartment at 7:20 am (6:20 in the time zone I was in), and they were just waiting for somebody to let them into the place.  I guess Dave met them there and gave them the key, their money and some instructions, then he headed off to work.  The movers finished by 9:30am.  Much faster than the loading on the other end!

Dad went to work, and mom and I decided to head out around town in search of beads for mom's craft project.  I still need to take a picture of it.  We hit every thrift store in town, and came up with a few little things.  Then we went to Zeller's and had lunch in the cafeteria there.  I won't eat there again.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

When dad got home, we ate some corn on the cob, watched the news, then off we went to the airport.  The WestJet computers had all crashed just as I got there (with my cat in tow).  So after some time, they decided to do manual boarding passes.  I was handed my pass, then I dropped my cat off at Security, and my oversized cat scratching post, then headed to security myself.  When I got to the front of the line, they looked at my boarding pass and sent me back to check-in because the attendant forgot to put the date or flight number on my boarding pass.  

Got that resolved, then waited for our plane to show up.  I took this photo through the window at the airport - it's of Mount Baker.  We were late boarding, and there was a problem with the plane.  When we finally landed in Calgary, we were over 1/2 an hour late, and so Lurline was waiting for quite a while.  I got my cat, scratching post, luggage, and carry on, then Lurline drove me home.  It was probably 11:30pm by the time I got home, and when I walked in, my bedroom was full of furniture, so I couldn't set up my bed to sleep.  

More importantly, my cat hadn't eaten all day because I didn't want her throwing up or going to the bathroom in the carrier during the car rides or the flight.  She was starving and traumatized when I got her out of the carrier.  I went in search of the one box that had food and cat litter.  It took me over half an hour to find that box - it just happened to be buried in the back at the bottom of the stack of boxes in the spare bedroom... 

Once she was taken care of, I got my pajamas on and crashed on the sofa in the living room.  Sleep at last!


1 comment:

Gardenfarey's Blog spot said...

I was concerned about Tequila. An extra half hour wait was probably very hard on her.