Thursday, September 8th, 2011

Another busy day at work.  So much to do.  At least I'll never be bored and clock-watching, right?

I went for a walk at lunch to soak up some sunshine.  I'm really appreciating how hot and beautiful the weather's been here in Calgary since I arrived.  It's been wonderful and a nice change to the first half of the summer in B.C.

After work, I came home and did a few things around the apartment.  Then I called Lurline to see what time she was off work.  We decided to meet for dinner and a drink at a local pub - I think it's called Union Station.  It was a little expensive, but it was literally full of guys.  There was a football game on and it was amazing how many men hang out in pubs to watch sports.  Well, I knew that happened for hockey, but football?  Really?

Anyway, we stayed and chatted for a couple of hours, then we both headed home.  Work early in the morning - 7am actually.

This is a picture of the purse decoration that my mom made for me.  It's got an emergency ring with bling, a whistle, a stainless steel octopus, and glass beads.  You're supposed to put a key on the hook, as well.  I really like it and think she could definitely sell them.

No comments: